Provides complex administrative support for the Office of the Senior Vice President
for Health Sciences (OSVPHS).
1. Arranges travel and submits reimbursement requests.
2. Prepares, edits, and distributes correspondence and other department documents.
3. Plans and coordinates events for OSVPHS.
4. Collects, organizes and analyzes data for specialized reports.
5. Assists with the implementation of department and University policies and
8. Provides administrative support to upper level department management by scheduling appointments, coordinating meetings and conferences and maintaining and ordering office supplies. This position is responsible for assisting in administrative office issues with staff/faculty by directing them to the appropriate person(s) or dept.
9. Primary in maintaining implementing the Morning and Afternoon procedures; being the front lines for the SVP Office at the Front Desk and when answering the phones. A high degree of professionalism is required and expected.
10.Primary in understanding and resolving most Tech issues that present themselves; therefore, comfortable and understands their way around a computer, a laptop, an iPad in order to trouble shoot as needed.
11. Stay current on all University trainings.
12. Maintain a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality with all matters of the SVP Office.
13. Cover as needed time and requests at the Rosenblatt House(Dr. Good’s personal residence and University property for the Presidential Leadership)
14. Answering the front desk phones calls for the SVP Office on daily basis with Executive Leadership Etiquette skills and demeanor.
15.Initiates orders for all office supplies, to include food and beverage on a weekly to semi-weekly basis.
16.Executes all catering orders for the SVP Office monthly meetings and the national searches.
17. Performs ePR’s for employee reimbursements as needed primarily during National Search times.
18. Coordinates bookings for Conference room and room requests for the SVP Office
This position is responsible for solving administrative office problems, staff/faculty
/student problems (or directing them to the appropriate person), and supervisory and
personnel issues. Plans and expedites the flow of work while ensuring the smooth
operation of the office under the pressure of frequent interruptions and changes in
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive
inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees
assigned to the job.
Nearly continuously: office environment frequent driving of department car
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.Minimum Qualifications
Associate degree in business or equivalency (2 years related work experience may be substituted for 1 year of education) and three years full-time secretarial experience required. Demonstrated human relations and effective written and verbal communication skills required. Knowledge of basic bookkeeping practices and direct supervisory experience preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.Preferences
Intermediate to advance use of Microsoft Office Suite, especially Power Point; proactive with a high degree to detail; strong communication skills both verbally and written; effective communication with a strong working knowledge of emotional aptitude to deal with high pressure and time sensitive directives; independent thinker; self-directed and team player; resourceful and internet savvy; versatile in adapting to differing communication and work styles under pressure; ability to retain focus on task and goal under time sensitive situatons.Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary