Qualified applicants will perform assembly of transducers which contain mechanical and electro-mechanical products while working within a team environment as well as independently as required. Rigorous product requirements demand strict attention to detail and an aptitude towards providing quality workmanship.
Duties and Responsibilities
Mechanical and Electro-mechanical assembly utilizing the following skills to provide
- Assembles electro mechanical assemblies that meet the specifications associated with the provided the work instructions.
- Uses electronic, hand powered, and pneumatic tools.
- Familiar with mixing, casting and curing a variety of adhesives and encapsulants.
- Keeps accurate records for build information, anomalies, defects and test data.
- Able to read, understand and follow technical drawings, datasheets, and written work instructions.
- Provides feedback to manufacturing engineers on ways to improve procedural steps and process
- Contributes to the workplace organization initiatives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Preference will be given to candidates that possess qualifications in:
o IPC J-STD-001
- Exhibits computer skills
- Strong verbal and technical writing skills
- Possesses and maintains a good attendance record and able to work overtime when required (nights and weekends)
- Strong organizational tendencies and practices.
- Able to read, understand and follow technical drawings, datasheets, and written work instructions
- Two to five year minimum experience in an Electro Mechanical Assembly role or related position.
- Associated Degree or 5 years equivalent on the job training.
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
Physical and Mental Requirements for all positions:
- Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
- General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 40 pounds at times
- Effectively communicate with others
- Ability to access and inspect all areas of machinery including under desks and in server areas.
- Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
- Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)