McKean Defense is a Naval Life Cycle Management, Engineering, Enterprise Transformation and Program Management business headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. McKean’s engineers, developers, technical staff, programmers, analysts, and program managers identify and deploy new shipboard technologies, integrate information technology across shipboard platforms, and develop strategies to support the Warfighter. McKean’s employees create strategic solutions to help customers reach new levels of mission support and transform their organizations. McKean Defense is employee owned, and values the life experiences of potential candidates, including those who have served our Military. Currently, 38% of McKean’s employee owner workforce are veterans.
The Combat Systems Engineer will provide engineering, technical, training and logistics support services for the EX-USN ships and U.S. equipment either in port or at sea, as necessary to support the ships operations, training and maintenance. Efforts are performed in Alexandria, Virginia under the FMS program.
The Combat Systems Engineer will provide Technical Support services to other Navies in support of previous USN ships. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance and training on Combat Systems used onboard FFG 47 and MHC-51 ships to include Radar, Automatic Identification System (AIS), Global Positioning System (GPS), AN/SLQ 48 Mine Neutralization System, AN/SSQ-94 on Board Trainer, AN/SQQ-32 Towed Body Sonar System, Battle Space Awareness Management System (BAMS).
- Provide logistical and technical distance support for troubleshooting, routine maintenance and system repairs on installed systems.
- Become familiar in the operation of any new equipment or systems which are added or upgraded on the supported ships, attend training, develop training plans and conduct training to foreign navy personnel.
- Review, analyze and provide recommendations for written condition, and open and inspection reports prepared by on-site technicians. Use technical publications to identify required repair parts.
The employee will be required to:
- Possess strong technical communication skills to assist NAVSEA Engineers and Engineers from other Navies
- Work in a shipboard/shipyard environment
- Be proficient in Navy PMS, NSTM and Technical Manual systems
- Interact with and train foreign nationals
- Be proficient MS Office products including Excel and Word
- A minimum of ten (10) years’ experience maintaining and/or operating combat systems onboard U.S. Navy ships
- Minimum of four (4) years maintaining and/or operating combat systems onboard MHC-51 class or FFG-47 class ships
- Possess a security clearance of SECRET or higher
Equal Opportunity Employer–minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity.
McKean Defense is an E-Verify company.