Event Rental Crew Associate
Asheville Hwy Rental is a family-owned party, event, tool and equipment rental company in Spartanburg, SC. We are currently seeking a full-time employee for the party, event and inflatable rental side of our business. Candidate must be a quick learning, self-starter who possesses the ability to work independently and as a member of a team. Working at Asheville Hwy Rental gives you the opportunity to be part of a local business creating innovative customer solutions, focused on driving customer satisfaction. We would like to offer you:
- The opportunity to grow in your career as the organization grows
- Competitive pay scale with raises when new skill levels are achieved
- A fulfilling career where you can relate to and engage with an incredible team
Our ideal candidate has at least 1-3 years of event, party and/or inflatable rental industry or related experience, possesses a clean driving record, can lift at least 100 lbs., can provide top notch customer service, and works well in a team environment. If you are looking for a fast-paced, high-volume store, you have found the right place. We are looking for another great employee to join our winning team.
- Assist in cleaning, storing, loading, unloading, delivery and setup of party and event rental items, including among other things: large event tents, tables, chairs, stage, dance floors, inflatables, linens, dishes, flatware, etc.
- Ensure all items on rental contract are counted and loaded for delivery or customer pickup, and ensure that correct number of items are picked up by delivery crew or returned by customer.
- Count and inspect all returned rental items; identify and report any missing, damaged or worn items to manager.
- Assist in periodic inventory counts.
- Use rental status tag system
- Assist in loading and unloading rental items for customers.
- Maintain warehouse and work areas in clean and orderly fashion.
- Project a positive and professional attitude during all delivery setups and other customer interactions
- Drive company delivery trucks and maintain a prompt delivery schedule
- Load and deliver rental items using company delivery vehicles
- Communicate with supervisors any issues that need immediate attention
- Ensure that all customers understand, sign and receive copies of rental contracts
- Maintain warehouse and all working areas clean and uncluttered
- Return clean items to respective areas within the warehouse and use tagging system for items that are returned damaged.
- Ensure timely delivery of reservations
- Assist other associates and departments when necessary
- Complete other activities as assigned by supervisors
- Positive Attitude is a MUST!
- Prior experience installing tents or working for a party or event rental company a Big Plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Time management and organizational skills, including punctuality and reliable transportation for on-time attendance. Must be responsible and dependable
- Responsible and dependable.
- Ability to operate independently and collaboratively within a team
- Self-motivated; capable of following directions and working with little or no supervision
- MUST have a clean driving record and qualify for coverage under our auto insurance policy
- Be at least 18 years of age, preferably at least 21 for insurance purposes
- A High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Must exhibit attention to detail, be highly organized and work well with others
- Must listen and follow directions
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Must be comfortable with working outdoors in all weather conditions including rain and heat
- Willingness to do what’s needed to get the job done, and done correctly
- Willing to sometimes work after normal business hours, including on weekends, if required for setup or tear down for a specific event
- Eagerness to learn
- Experience driving 16-20’ box truck
- Communicate clearly and professionally with clients
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and work efficiently without supervision
- Proficient in basic Math, can determine variance in numbers on sight and able to count and add basic numbers with a calculator, and ability to read a tape measure effectively
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
Work is performed inside as well as outside in all types of environmental conditions. This position performs strenuous physical activity, for what can be long periods, under varying and adverse field conditions. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk on uneven surfaces; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach out and above shoulder with hands and arms, climb, kneel, bend, twist, crawl in tight or confined spaces and push/pull. Ability to lift, carry, and otherwise transport work-related materials that frequently weigh over 50 lbs.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive Pay
- Starting wage range is based on previous experience and training
- Overtime despite Coronavirus
- Holiday Pay
- Company Uniforms
- Potential cell phone, vehicle, etc. allowance/reimbursements
- Stable employment at a growing company that offers advancement opportunities
- Store Discounts – on both equipment as well as party and inflatable rentals
- Monday – Friday, 7:30 am – 5:30 pm; Saturday 7:30 am – 1:00 pm
- We are an essential business, and our staff continue working overtime even after COVID-19
- Starting Pay Range: $10 - $15 per hour based on experience and work history.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $10.00 - $15.00 per hour
- Employee Discount
- Paid Time Off
- 10 Hour Shift
- Monday to Friday
- Event set up: 1 year (Preferred)
- Drivers (Required)
- United States (Required)
- Tuesday (Required)
- Wednesday (Required)
- Thursday (Required)
- Friday (Required)
- Saturday (Required)
- Monday (Required)
- One location