Food Runners are vital to providing the Nando’s experience. Food Runners ensure that food reaches the correct guest in a timely manner. Food Runners transport food orders from the kitchen to the appropriate table and announce the food to the guest. Food Runners keep a smile on their face while they clean, set and re-set tables continuously, assuming responsibility for station, tables and side duties. Runners work with our team to exceed our guests’ expectations and to provide the Nando’s experience.
- Transport food orders from the kitchen to the appropriate table.
- Review order before delivery to ensure accuracy.
- Announce dishes while serving, notifying guests of any hot plates. Place dishes in front of guest or in the center of table when sharing.
- Serve appropriate condiments and silver with menu items.
- Check back after 2 minutes of delivering food to ensure customer is enjoying the meal.
- Offer dessert, coffee, wine and other items tableside.
- Anticipate guest needs and respond to guest requests with professionalism and a sense of urgency.
- Remove dirty or unused silver or china.
- Maintain adequate supplies of items such as napkins, silverware, glassware and dishes. Maintain beverage station and soda boxes.
- Set up dining room and patio to standard.
- Must be able to speak clearly and understand basic English to facilitate the communication process.
- Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
- General knowledge of menu items and service procedures.
- Ability to take direction and to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Ability to accurately recall of table numbers.
- This position will spend 100% of the time standing, walking and climbing stairs with food items and dishes.