FUEL YOUR SUCCESS! If you have dynamic customer service skills, build and sell value, make a positive impact on people, and are looking to make a difference, apply with GVA Property Management today! Employees are offered development opportunities to help advance their careers and strengthen the pipeline of our future leaders.
The Maintenance Technician is to assist the Service Manager in maintaining the physical integrity of the community. This involves insuring a clean and well maintained living environment for residents, visitors and staff. The Maintenance Technician will carry out assigned duties in a safe manner and other duties as requested by the Service Manager. In the absence of the Service Manager, the Maintenance Technician will assume all maintenance responsibilities. The Maintenance Technician will contact a person of authority should any situation warrant an action or decision not included in his or her duties and responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct all business in accordance with company policies and procedures, state and federal laws; e.g., OSHA, ADA and Fair Housing, etc.
- Must be knowledgeable of pertinent laws, EPA and OSHA regulations governing proper storage and management of hazardous materials, including solvents, flammables, caustics and refrigerants.
- Constantly be aware of the conditions of the physical property throughout the community and immediately initiates actions to correct unsafe conditions; e.g., broken gates leading to the pool, broken steps, open holes, broken/burned out exterior lights.
- Schedules and performs minor routine maintenance on all appropriate equipment on a regular basis as directed by Service Manager. Inspects and maintains all tools in excellent condition.
- Diagnoses and performs on a daily basis minor routine maintenance/repair involving the following:
Electrical and Plumbing Gas fixtures (where applicable)
A/C and heating systems Shutters, doors, cabinets, windows, siding, glass doors
Appliances Boiler, gas and electric
Water irrigation systems Door locks, mailboxes and locks
Stairs, gates, fences, patios, railings Controlled access systems
Tile, carpet and flooring Ceiling leaks
Roofing, gutters and fasteners Walls
Interior/exterior lights Pool areas, tile, spa, pool furniture
- Completes work orders within 24 hours when possible.
- Inspects and helps coordinate all needed make ready repairs and services. Assists make ready staff as required to meet deadlines.
- Reports all major repairs and requisitions to Service Manager.
- Changes locks and make ready keys.
- Removes and transfers heavy appliances and equipment from storage area to/or from apartment as circumstances warrant. Assists in moving abandoned furniture, appliance, etc., to dumpster when necessary.
- Be knowledgeable of inventory levels of spare parts and maintenance materials; weekly inform the Service Manager of shortages.
- Be aware of all utility meter shut - offs, apartment and fixture cut-offs, sewer clean outs.
- Performs work area clean-up and safety related duties.
- Ensures that storage areas are locked when not in use.
- Assists in keeping grounds neat and free of litter. Rakes, sweeps shovels as circumstances warrant.
- Performs any additional duties assigned by the Service Manager, Community Manager or Property Supervisor.
Position requires at least 2 years' experience in property management or equivalent field. Must possess HVAC certification.
40 hours per week. Weekends and holidays as circumstances warrant; on-call on a rotating basis and for emergencies. Overtime must be approved by your supervisor prior to working over 40 hours unless to respond to an emergency.
At GVA we are driven to provide a company culture that promotes teamwork, growth and work/life balance. We are committed to creating a fun and productive place to work - as a company that celebrates diversity, promotes innovative thinking, offers development and career advancement opportunities. We are a rapidly growing company that owns and manages our assets. Due to the fact, there are not many corporate layers, planning and execution occur quickly, feedback and involvement in the decision-process are encouraged and team involvement is appreciated simply put, at GVA you have a voice. We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages. Reach out to us today and see how a career at GVA is the right fit for you. EOE