Progeny Systems Corporation is a privately-held, high-tech small business focusing on software and hardware system integration, cutting-edge research and development, and manufacturing. We provide premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. Progeny Systems is seeking a self-motivated, organized and dynamic Manufacturing Engineer to lead efforts in designing, implementing, coordinating and managing efficiency of production lines.
The ideal candidate will be required to:
- develop plans and designs for manufacturing processes and procedures used on the production floor.
- maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and workforce utilization.
- specify parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specification and be familiar with a variety of workflow concepts, practices, and procedures.
This position reports to the Utah Engineering Lead and Product Line Program Managers. A wide degree of creativity, innovation and latitude is expected. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and have the ability to work independently.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, Test methods and quality control standards.
- Liaison with lead product design engineers to implement required assembly and test requirements.
- Can interpret engineering documentation and has good understanding of ASME Y14.5-209 practices for stating and interpreting Geometric Dimensions and Tolerances.
- Writes ISO procedures to outline processes and product assembly documentation
- Designs and develops manufacturing equipment / fixtures as necessary to help improve production flow and throughput
- Applies statistical methods (SPC) to estimate future manufacturing requirements and potential.
- Assess product variations/failures/deficiencies for workflow/procedure improvement. Will be required to analyze production and quality trends and produce the data along with several solutions to improving quality and throughput.
- Work closely with Production Facility, Product Program and Engineering management, and customers to guide the transducer manufacturing process for optimized cost, performance, while meeting or exceeding quality requirements
- Analyzes and plans workforce utilization, space requirements, and workflow, and designs layout of equipment and workspace for maximum efficiency.
- Works with vendors to select new production equipment, will require calculating ROI, increased throughput and improvements to current quality standards.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Versed in SolidWorks CAD system.
- Versed in LabVIEW or Lab Windows used for Test Equipment Development
- Versed in OrCad CAD system.
- Background in materials engineering associated with adhesives, and encapsulants.
- Versed in SPC, Lean, Kaizan (continuous improvement), Design for Manufacturing (DFM), Design for Assembly (DFA), and 6 Sigma methodology
- Strong problem analysis, troubleshooting, and resolution skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Working knowledge of MS Office Products(Visio, Project, Word, Excel, Access)
- Must be willing to occasionally travel within North America
Engineering degree or 5 years Equivalent Experience
This position requires the applicant to obtain and maintain a DoD Clearance.
• Prolonged stationary periods at a desk
- General ability to operate computer and other productivity machinery such as calculator, copy machine, printer, etc.
- Ability to lift and transport up to 15 pounds at times
- Effectively communicate with others
- Ability to stay focused and provide attention to detail.
- Ability to think analytically and apply problem solving skills to scenarios throughout the course of the workday
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please contact our recruiting department at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 703.368.6107. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To learn more about the Benefits offered by Progeny Systems, including a minimum $1,000 sign-on bonus for all new hires, please visit our website at http://www.progeny.net/careers.
About Progeny Systems
Progeny Systems is a privately held, high-tech small business that provides premium systems, services, and products for the Department of Defense, government agencies and commercial clients. We are a technology leader in numerous areas including: technology insertion; acoustic sensors; signal processing; combat systems; torpedoes; cyber security; biometrics; knowledge management; undersea vehicles; open architecture; electromagnetic maneuver warfare; electronics packaging; and image/video processing/analysis.
Progeny System's ability to leverage flexibility, rapid turnaround, customer responsiveness, and encourage an environment for experimental research has been critical to our success in developing, producing and supporting numerous mission critical national defense systems.
Progeny has provided highly complex products/programs to the United States Government in collaboration with the following agencies, among others:
- United States Navy
- United States Air Force
- United States Army
- Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA)
- National Aeronautics & Space Administration (NASA)