All Locations: Chantilly, VA (Virginia)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning clandestine to commercial, you’ll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration – to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you’ll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
In this role, the section manager works closely with the Vehicle Engineering Department Director and Associate Director to provide leadership, planning, and direction of technical office staff and operations within the Vehicle Modeling and Analysis Section. The selected candidate assigns resources, determines staffing needs, and coordinates activities and operations among subordinate units, as well as communicates and coordinates activities to management and internal customers.
- Assigns and coordinates work activities within organization; monitors workload, work progress and schedules, ensures completion of organization’s work assignments within cost and schedule guidelines
- Provides technical and managerial oversight to MTS staff in the Vehicle Modeling and Analysis Section
- Seeks and identifies opportunities for additional, expanded and new business and assists higher management in the evaluation and pursuit of new opportunities
- Participates in day-to-day technical task planning and issue resolution
- Conducts staff performance reviews and recommends performance improvement, career development, salary and promotion actions; establishes staffing needs and recommends reassignments, training, transfers, and other staff deployments; assists other supervisors in evaluation and assignment of staff. Monitors and directs section’s security processes, compliance, and safety awareness
- Engineering functions/organizations: Directs technical group performing engineering design, analysis or other research and development activities. Manages ongoing operation within the Section. Directs achievement of engineering assignments within project schedule and cost guidelines
- Bachelor's degree in physics, engineering, mathematics, computer science, or an appropriate technical discipline
- 5 or more years of progressively responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of contractors, customers, and corporate staff
- Experience with space vehicle analyses and/or spacecraft subsystem modeling and analysis
- Demonstrated technical leadership and the ability to work effectively with customers, Aerospace, and contractor personnel
- Limited travel may be required
- Current and active TS/SCI clearance with Counterintelligence Polygraph
- 10 or more years of progressively responsible professional engineering/scientific experience
- Advanced Engineering, Mathematics or Science degree
- Knowledge of satellite test standards and Aerospace mission assurance
- Knowledge of ETG capabilities and demonstrated interaction with ETG personnel
Transcripts are required for this position.
Additional Requisition Details
System Job Title: MANAGER
Clearance Requirement: Top Secret
Polygraph: Counter Intelligence Polygraph
Relocation Available: Yes
Employment Type: Regular
Work Schedule: Full Time
The Aerospace Corporation has provided independent technical and scientific research, development, and advisory services to national security space programs since 1960. We operate a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC) for the United States Air Force and the National Reconnaissance Office, and support all national security space programs. We also apply more than 50 years of experience with space systems to provide critical solutions to technologically complex systems in such areas as communications, shipping, law enforcement, and cyber, among others.
From our inception, our highly skilled technical staff has focused on ensuring the success of every mission and developing the most effective and economic space-related hardware and software in the world. Our greatest asset is the technical expertise of our people. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities are staffed by some of the leading scientists in the world.
Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster and the supplement, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement.
Nearest Major Market: Washington DC
Job Segment: Engineer, Computer Science, Laboratory, Aerospace, Physics, Engineering, Technology, Science, Aviation